WheelHouse Art has recently signed a number of new artists in 2023. In order to get to know them a little better, we sent them a few questions to answer. Here we probe the depths of Emily Pfaff's mind with some hard-hitting questions.
1. What do you like to listen to while working in your studio?
So many things on rotation, but I often go back to Arthur Russell, Brian Eno, Talking Heads, and Joanna Newsom
2. If you could have one superhero power, what would it be?
3. What is your favorite food/restaurant?
I LOVE Indian food. Anything with curry.
4. What is your astrological sign?
I’m right on the cusp of Aries and Pisces AND IT SHOWS
5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
At the risk of sounding lame, tardiness
6. Do you collect anything?
I collect ornate handmade broaches of regular things like vegetables and house flies.
7. What is your most irrational fear?
That an airplane will crash into me.
8. Where do you go when you need fresh inspiration?
9. What’s your go-to guilty pleasure?
10. What was your first job?
My first official paycheck was from painting a mural for my local park district. My first actual job was waiting tables at a terrible breakfast spot in Georgia. Still happily married to the friend who got me the job.